Starting in 2020, the Jacuzzi® J-300™ series spa pools included on Hydrosoothe™ headrest. This innovative headrest requires special attention for servicing and this article describes the steps to remove the headrest.
It is important that the HYDROSOOTHE™ pillow not be attempted to be removed from the front of the spa, as this can damage or rip the pillow and resulting damages are not covered under warranty.
There is a label on the acrylic stating, “DO NOT PULL PILLOW FROM FRONT”. We ask that this warning only be removed by the owner after installation, so they are aware.
This pillow differs from the standard pillow, figure 2, and so does the mounting hardware.
The HYDROSOOTHE™ pillow is one complete assembly (P/N 2472-136). The foam pillow is attached between an inner and outer ring. The mounting ring has two threaded studs and bushings that slide through the spa shell. The pillow is held in place with two wing nuts on the backside of the shell, these will need to be removed to remove the pillow.
To Service the Pillow, Follow the Steps Below:
- Remove the skirt panel located behind the HYDROSOOTHE™ pillow. You will notice a label is
located in the area where you can find service access to the pillow, figure 4.
- Carefully cut the paper and remove the foam (it is installed in large chunks instead of traditional foam fill to assist in this step) until you have adequate access to the pillow wing nuts.
- Unscrew the wing nuts, figure 5.
- Gently pull the pillow, from the front, to remove.
- Insert the new pillow.
- Tighten the wing nuts.
- Replace the foam chunks and close paper.
- Install skirt panel(s).