The advantages of the SmartTub™ system are:
A more stable connection to the internet for outdoor environment.
The SmartTub™ device uses much less data than a typical voice connection via cellular networks.
We contract through the largest wireless carriers to ensure maximum uptime.
The system enables firmware updates via the cell connection so your system’s performance will continuously be optimized remotely.
Maintenance is made easy by alerts sent to your phone.
Diagnostic alerts are sent to you and your dealer when attention is required.
How to set up the Jacuzzi® SmartTub™ App
Download the SmartTub™ app from the Google Play store or Apple App store.
Open the app and create an account.
Locate the SmartTub™ sticker next to the control panel of the hot tub. You can either scan the QR code with the SmartTub™ app or manually input the serial number located below the QR code on the sticker.
After you pair the hot tub’s serial number to the SmartTub™ app, the app will load and connect the hot tub to the internet.
Follow the instructions on the app to begin enjoying the benefits of your internet-connected hot tub.
B. Indicator Lights
There are indicator lights on the SmartTub™ controller that relay the status of the system. Below are meanings of the lights.
• Blue light on - connected to cloud.
• Blue light off - not connected to cloud.
• Blue light on - connected to spa controller.
• Blue light off - not connected to spa controller.
• Cyan light - breathing (slow pulsing) indicates the status is good.
• Cyan light - flashing indicates that the system is completing a connection to the cloud.
• Green light - flashing indicates waiting for a connection to the cellular tower.
• Dark blue light - flashing indicates a SIM error.
Cell signal strength:
• Blue LED lights indicates the cell signal strength.
Resetting the SmartTub™ controller:
Should the SmartTub™ controller need to be reset, hold the magnet (located on the cord) to the reset label on the side of the SmartTub device.
Place the magnet on the upper edge where the reset arrow is pointing towards. You will see all the lights on the device turn off then come back on. At that point, the magnetic reset has been completed.
SmartTub™ Hardware Installation Instructions
If you have purchased your Jacuzzi® spa without the SmartTub™ system and you want to add it later, you will need to follow these installation instructions: