This article is designed to provide all the information regarding your Viking Spas Warranty.
Download the Viking Warranty Card.
Lifetime non pro rata shell warranty
Viking Spas warrants the structure of the spa shell against defects in workmanship and materials leading to water loss from the spa for a lifetime from date of manufacture. This warranty is subject to the limitations and conditions expressed in this warranty.
5 year jet warranty
Viking portable spas warrant the removable spa jets to be free of manufacturing defects for a period of 5 years from date of manufacture. This warranty excludes damage by grit, sand and improper water chemistry causing corrosion of the part and is limited to supply of replacement parts after the faulty part has been returned to Viking Spas for warranty inspection. Leaking from jets is covered by the plumbing warranty. Laminar jets have a 1 year parts only warranty. Exposure to sunlight caused by leaving the cover off an empty spa can distort the jets and other fittings. This is not covered under warranty
5 year heater warranty
Viking Spas warrants the heater element against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 5 years from date of manufacture. After 1 year this warranty is limited to the supply of replacement parts and excludes labour and freight costs. This warranty does not cover damage to heaters caused by incorrect water balance resulting in the heater being subjected to abrasive or acidic water.
5 year plumbing warranty
Viking Spas warrants the plumbing piping and plumbing joints against defects in materials and workmanship causing leaking for a period of 5 years from date of manufacture. After 1 year this warranty is limited to the supply of replacement parts and excludes all labor and freight costs.
2 year pump warranty
Viking Spas warrants the water pumps against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from date of manufacture. After 1 year this warranty is limited to the supply of replacement parts and excludes all labour and freight costs. Damage to the pump motor caused incorrect chemical balance will not be covered under this warranty. Viking Spas reserves the right to request that the pump be returned for assessment before it is replaced under this\
2 year electronic components warranty
Viking Spas warrant electronic control systems against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from date of manufacture. After 1 year the warranty is limited to the supply of replacement parts after the product has been assessed by either Viking Spas or the relevant control system manufacturer.
1 year air blower warranty
Viking Spas warrant the air blower against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year. This warranty will become void if the blower damage is caused by overfilling.
1 year thermoclad cabinet warranty
Viking Spas warrant the thermoclad spa cabinet against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year from date of manufacture. This warranty specifically covers the structural integrity of the cabinet. The thermoclad spa cabinet finish is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the time of initial delivery. Fading and weathering of the surface will occur naturally over time, and are not considered defects
1 year TV, audio system, ozone, UV, LED light(s) warranty
Viking Spas warrants the factory installed audio system, UV sanitiser, Ozone sanitiser and LED Light(s) assemblies, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 1 year. The UV globe is a parts only warranty, if it fails within the 1 year period, a replacement globe will be sent out free of charge to be installed by the customer
1 year external heat pump warranty
Viking Spas warrants the External Heat Pump to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 1 year. Installation is to be carried out by a qualified contractor. Failure to do so
will immediately VOID this warranty. Viking Spas reserves the right to request the return of the heat pump for assessment before it is replaced or repaired.
1 year spa hardcover warranty
Your spa cover is warranted for a period of 1 Year from the date of delivery. This warranty applies only to the structural integrity of the cover and the vinyl. Damage caused to stitching, straps or locks due to improper use of the cover will not be covered under warranty. Disposal of any cover replaced under warranty will be the owners responsibility
Warranty coverage begins at the delivery date. Viking Spas only extends this warranty to the original purchaser and only if the spa has been purchased through an authorized Viking Spas reseller. Written notice of the defect and proof of purchase must be provided to Viking Spas or it’s nominated representative within 14 days of the defect occurring. If the spa is required to be returned to Spa World for rectification all freight costs shall be prepaid by the customer. Repair or replacement of any defective product is at the sole discretion of Viking Spas. To action warranty service contact the authorized Viking Spas reseller you purchased from. If you are unable to obtain satisfactory service from your reseller written notification must be provided to Viking Spas within 14 days of the defect occurring. Viking Spas will pay the travel costs of the service agent for the first 40km from their base. Any further travel charges shall be the responsibility of the spa owner.
All electrical connections must be carried out by a qualified electrical contractor. Failure to do so will immediately VOID this warranty. The spa must be connected to a dedicated MAINS electrical supply circuit protected by a compliant earth leakage circuit breaker safety switch. Viking Spas reserves the right to ask for proof that the spa has been installed by a qualified electrician.
1. Viking Spas sold for use in a commercial application.
2. The spa has been subjected to any alterations, misuse, abuse, use of any type of salt generator, or any repairs that are attempted by anyone other than a Viking Spas, Inc. Authorized Service Representative.
3. The spas electrical hook-up has been made by anyone other than a licensed electrician.
4. Damage caused by improper or incorrect electrical hook-up or by high or low voltage environments.
5. Ground fault current interrupter (G.F.C.I.) nuisance tripping.
6. Damage resulting from operating the spa at a water temperature above 45°C for any reason.
7. Spa shell surface damage or discoloration resulting from improper water chemistry, including, improper PH levels, the excessive use of sanitizers and any other chemical that may dissolve or remain undissolved on the spa shell, as well as the use of caustic cleaning solutions.
8. Scratches and damage caused by normal use.
9. Damage caused by excessive exposure of the spa shell, and/or it's components to the sun with no water in spa. Spa cover must be kept on spa at all times when not in use (filled or empty).
10. Damage to all components including jets, pumps, valves, control circuits, and any related component that comes in contact with water due to any type of improper chemical balance.
11. Any damage caused by failure to follow Spa Installation & Set Up Instructions.
12. Damage caused by Acts of God or any other condition beyond the control of Viking Spas, Inc.
13. Consequential damages of any kind including failure of any component part in the spa caused from freeze damage.
14. Cost of removal and/or reinstallation of the spa or its components.
15. Cost of freight and/or delivery of spa to/from the dealer or manufacturer.
16. Damage to any component or part on this spa due to leaking pump seals.
17. Spa pillows, spa light bulb, spa filter element(s), fuses, and drain valve cap leakage.
18. Damage of any kind caused by shipping. (All shipping damage claims must be filed with the shipper within 7 days).
19. Leaking unions at pump and heater.
20. Any Viking Spa modified, in any way, from its original factory design.
21. Labor covering replacement of jet insert(s), air control(s) and/or diverter handle(s).
22. Refoaming costs.
23. Radio reception not due to performance of receiver.
24. Any unauthorized repairs performed by any service company other than your dealer or a pre authorized company by Viking Spas.
25. Warranty void if spa is relocated to any location other than original point of delivery.
26. Any model of Viking Spa, Inc. that is permanently enclosed within a room, surrounding structure or in ground application without providing adequate access and ventilation
Other important warranty information
The foregoing warranties are exclusive and in lieu of all other expressed warranties. Implied warranties shall not extend beyond the duration of the expressed warranties contained herein. This warranty does not extend to incidental or consequential damages of any nature, including without limitation, loss or damage to landscaping, decking, gazebos or other property, even if Viking Spas, Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Liability shall be limited to
the cost of the spa. Our shells are formed using HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) and are inspected with the greatest care. HDPE is a compound mixture that has its own particular
characteristics thus no two shells are exactly alike. Variances in the surface appearance are a natural result of the mixture and DOES NOT COMPROMISE THE STRUCTURAL STABILITY OF THE SHELL. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential
damages, or limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty is not transferable. This warranty gives you, the
original purchaser, specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Please refer to the "Spa User Operation and Instruction Manual" for important personal safety precautions.
Performance of warranty
Viking Spas, Inc. will repair or replace, at its option, any spa shell or component found to be defective under the terms of this warranty. Viking Spas, Inc. reserves the right to substitute any component of equal value, either new or factory reconditioned, and any such repair or replacement shall not extend the remaining portion of the original warranty to the original purchaser.
This warranty is the only warranty offered by Viking Spas and excludes any other implied or oral undertakings. Except as described above, this warranty does not cover defects or damage due to normal wear and tear, improper installation, alteration without Viking Spas’ prior written consent, accident, acts of God, misuse, abuse, commercial or industrial use, use of an accessory not approved by Viking Spas, failure to follow Viking Spas’ Pre-Delivery Instructions or Owner’s Manual, or repairs made or attempted by anyone other than an authorized representative of Viking Spas. Viking Spas or its agents will not be liable for any incidental or consequential loss or injury. Viking Spas will not be liable for costs associated with but not limited to building alterations,
removal costs, delivery costs or labour costs associated with the replacement of a spa.